With plenty of lemon flavor and fresh asparagus, this chicken entree really shouts, Spring! Guests are always intrigued by the lovely lemon cream.—Helen McGibbon, Downers Grove, Illinois
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter until juices run clear. Remove with a slotted spoon. Reduce heat to medium; add the asparagus, broth and lemon juice. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Stir in the cream, onions, parsley, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Drain pasta; add to the skillet. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Chicken Asparagus with Bow Ties in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p156
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemony Chicken Asparagus with Bow Ties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review