Lemony Chicken & Rice Recipe
I couldn’t say who loves this recipe best, because every time I serve it, it gets raves! Occasionally I even get a phone call or email from a friend requesting the recipe, and it's certainly a favorite for my grown children and 15 grandchildren.—Maryalice Wood, Langley, British Columbia
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 16 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed (about 6 pounds)
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice, divided
- 4 tablespoons grated lemon peel, divided
- 2 medium lemons, sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spread 1 cup rice into each of two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Top each with 1 tablespoon lemon peel, 8 chicken thighs and half of the marinade. Top with sliced lemons.
- Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 180°. Sprinkle with remaining lemon peel. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Originally published as Lemony Chicken & Rice in Taste of Home December 2013
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemony Chicken & Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2014
A real hit with mu family, will make it again for sure!