Lemony Caesar Salad Recipe
My Caesar salad has the same fresh, classic flavor as one I used to order at a steak house in Saskatoon. Making it at home lets me adjust the garlic—if I want it zesty, I add two cloves. (I believe you can never have too much garlic!)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. For dressing, combine the first seven ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Place romaine in a salad bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Refrigerate any remaining dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 223 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 431 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC