Lemony Brussels Sprouts
This side dish is a fast and refreshing way to serve little cabbages. The buttery lemon sauce really brings out the flavor of the sprout. My youngest son loves them!Joyce Guth, Mohnton, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts (about 2-1/2 cups), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut an "X" in the core of each brussels sprout. Place in a saucepan;
- add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. In a large skillet,
- saute the sprouts, lemon juice, salt and pepper in butter for 2-3
- minutes or until flavors are blended. Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- longer. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 51 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.