Lemony Baked Pudding Recipe
Looking for a light and lemony delicate delight of a dessert? Aida Von Babbel of Coquitlam, British Columbia recommends this old-fashioned family favorite. "It is cake-like on top with a custard texture on the bottom," she says.
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat egg yolks; add milk, lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Gradually add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- 2. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into lemon mixture.
- 3. Pour into a lightly greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Place in a large baking pan. Add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or chilled. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 293 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Lemony Baked Pudding
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2012
"Hubby loved it, I thought it a 4 star.I prefer the filling of a lemon meringue pie but this recipe eliminates the calories and fat from the crust so that's a plus. I used all the juice of one lemon and all the zest I could get. This caused it to be a little 'loose' but hubby said that's how he likes it. Nice lemony flavor."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC