Move over, spinach-artichoke dip. Bacon adds an extra layer of smokiness to this fabulous recipe. And you might want to double it-we never any leftovers. Heidi Jobe, Carrollton, Georgia
- 5 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pita bread wedges, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 teaspoons in pan. Add artichoke hearts and garlic to drippings; cook and stir 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, onion salt, salt and pepper until smooth. Beat in lemon juice. Fold in artichoke mixture and half of the bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining bacon; top with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pita wedges. Yield: 12 servings (1/4 cup each).
Originally published as Lemony Bacon-Artichoke Dip in Taste of Home September/October 2014, p75
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemony Bacon-Artichoke Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review