- 5 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pita bread wedges, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 teaspoons in pan. Add artichoke hearts and garlic to drippings; cook and stir 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, onion salt, salt and pepper until smooth. Beat in lemon juice. Fold in artichoke mixture and half of the bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining bacon; top with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pita wedges. Yield: 12 servings (1/4 cup each).
Originally published as Lemony Bacon-Artichoke Dip in Taste of Home September/October 2014, p75
Reviews for Lemony Bacon-Artichoke Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2014
I didn't have onion salt, so i used celery salt. it is great with carrots and chips.
I'll make this again!
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2014
Deleted the salt and chose to toast Naan bread rounds was great recipe!!!!