- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add green beans; cook, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until beans turn bright green. Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add green beans and almonds; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Top with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Lemony Almond-Feta Green Beans
Sort By :
"This recipe just didn't work for us, maybe I cooked the beans too long? But the feta didn't seem to go with it and no one really enjoyed these flavors together."
"I would actually like to hear from people who have eaten this recipe… That's what a review is .."
"How can anyone review a recipe before trying it ?"
"Please have more recipes like this. I cannot make many TOH recipes because they contain dairy products that are hard to substitute. Would like to see more recipes easy for lactose intolerant people to use--adding suitable substitutes after recipes would be very helpful, especially for things like condensed milk, sour cream, cream cheese, etc. FYI, feta cheese is always okay. I look forward to using this recipe."