When you find a vegetable recipe that demands second helpings, it's worth sharing. I made these green beans for a dinner party, and that's exactly what happened. I like to use haricot verts, the skinny type of green bean. —Samantha Bowman, Houston, Texas
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add green beans; cook, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until beans turn bright green. Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add green beans and almonds; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Top with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Almond-Feta Green Beans in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Reviews for Lemony Almond-Feta Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review