The pie recipe is a refreshing dessert perfect for a summer meal. This cool, creamy sweet/tart pie hits the spot on a hot day...and you don't have to heat the oven to make it! With its easy of preparation, this recipe is a great way to get kids helping in the kitchen.Wilma Rusk, Bringhurst, Indiana
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup partially thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Lemon slices and fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, combine milk, lemonade concentrate and food coloring
- if desired. Fold in the whipped topping; spoon into crust. Chill
- until ready to serve. Garnish with lemon slices and mint if desired.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 381 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.