- Add lemon juice and cream of tartar to egg whites; beat on medium
- speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon
- at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is
- Pour warm filling into pastry shell. Spread meringue evenly over
- filling, sealing edges to crust.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the meringue is golden
- brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3
- hours before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 343 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.