Lemonade Ice Cream Sandwiches
"I came up with these refreshing freezer treats as a variation on an ice cream pie recipe," writes Jeanne McCorkle of Livermore, California. "With the individual portions, you can take out just what you need at one time."
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-3/4 teaspoons Crystal Light lemonade drink mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 8 whole graham crackers, halved
- Place the ice cream in a bowl. Dissolve lemonade mix in water; stir
- into ice cream. Fold in whipped topping. Freeze for 20 minutes or
- until mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Spread about 3 tablespoonfuls onto eight graham cracker halves; top
- with remaining crackers. Wrap individually in foil or plastic wrap.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ice cream sandwich equals 106 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now