Lemonade Fruit Salad Recipe
“Here’s a simple side that lets fresh fruit shine. I’ve taken it to several picnics, where it’s always well received. Any combination of fruit will work equally well.” —Claire Watson, Cape Girardeau, Missouri
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds seedless red grapes
- 1 pound fresh dark sweet cherries, pitted
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil; add lemon and orange peels. Remove from the heat; cool completely. Stir in lemon juice.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with syrup and toss gently to coat. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup salad equals 74 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC