“Here’s a simple side that lets fresh fruit shine. I’ve taken it to several picnics, where it’s always well received. Any combination of fruit will work equally well.” —Claire Watson, Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Featured In: Lemonade Desserts
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds seedless red grapes
- 1 pound fresh dark sweet cherries, pitted
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil; add lemon and orange peels. Remove from the heat; cool completely. Stir in lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with syrup and toss gently to coat. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Lemonade Fruit Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p35
Reviews for Lemonade Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2011
"Excellent flavor, easy to make, will definitely use this recipe again!"