Here's a tasty way to finish off your summer barbecue. Adults and kids will be standing in line for this easy-to-make treat. —Margaret Linder, Quincy, Washington
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Spread in a single layer into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 9-12 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat ice cream and lemonade until blended. Sprinkle half of the crumbles into a greased 13x9-in. dish. Spread with ice cream mixture; sprinkle with remaining crumbles. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Lemonade Dessert in Country Woman June/July 2007, p29
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemonade Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review