Lemonade Chicken Recipe
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 4 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- In a large resealable bag, combine the first five ingredients. Remove half of the marinade to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken to the bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Grill 5-10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear; basting and turning several times. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Lemonade Chicken
Sort By :
I made a paste of all the ingredients except the lemonade, and rubbed them all over the back & legs of a whole chicken. Then I placed it breast side down in a crockpot & poured the lemonade around it. Took about 5 hours on low and it was *fabulous.*
I poured all the juices from the crockpot into a glass container & tucked it into the fridge. The next day, I separated off the fat from the top and used the juices (plus some water) in my rice cooker with basmati rice.
I chunked the remaining cooked chicken, sautéed some onion, bell pepper & canned pineapple chunks and mixed it all together. Garnished with maraschino cherry halves, it was a perfect 2nd meal!
tasty! and so easy
Very good grilled chicken. We will make this again.
I made this last summer and it was SO delicious! Never had a more flavorful, refreshing meal! Is good also with limeade and a little cilantro instead of mint.
I don't grill either, but I do everything on my George Foreman. I will try it that way and get back to you.