- 2 whole graham crackers, crushed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon grenadine syrup
- Dash salt
- Divide graham crackers among six dessert dishes. In a small saucepan, combine the cream, 1 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Sprinkle 1 envelope of gelatin over cream mixture; let stand for 1 minute or until softened. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in gelatin mixture. Stir in 1 teaspoon lemon peel and vanilla. Pour into glasses over graham crackers, about 1/2 cup in each. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, grenadine, salt and remaining sugar and lemon juice. Sprinkle remaining gelatin over water mixture; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved. Pour 2 tablespoons mixture into each parfait glass. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Refrigerate remaining grenadine mixture until syrupy, about 30 minutes. With a hand mixer, beat until frothy. Divide among glasses. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Garnish with remaining lemon peel. Yield: 6 parfaits.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemonade Cheesecake Parfaits
"The graham crackers make this recipe"
"I must be the only one who had a problem with getting the cheesecake layer to set. I don't know if using fat-free half and half made a difference, but it's the only thing I could think of that would have maybe caused a problem. Despite hours of refrigeration (and even a trip to the freezer to see if that would help), it came out like a thick liquid. If I make this again, I might try adding more gelatin to the mixture. It would have helped if the recipe had indicated approximately how much time each layer needed to set. I had high hopes for this recipe, but not much luck for me."
"This was wonderful!"
"Could this be made with Splenda Blend and lowfat cream cheese?"
"Just got this recipe this morning and decided to try it tonight and it was a great success."
"If you want the pomegranate flavor, why not try substituting 1/4 cup of pomegranate juice for 1/4 cup of the water for the middle layer? You would get the essence of the pom at least."
"Looks fancy and delicious, can't wait to try!"
"This is just the perfect recipe for a light and summery dessert! I loved it!"
"The flavor of this recipe is great, and it's nice in cups because otherwise it would be too rich. I made a red simple syrup to substitute for the grenadine; might have been nice to have the pomegranate flavor as the recipe intended. The top foamy layer is astounding! Very, very nice recipe."
"Really good and beautiful but way too sweet. Cut back on the suger by at least a fourth. Also when it says to "heat up gelatin and sugar" really heat it up so it does dissolve. Mine didn't totally dissolve but good anyway."