Lemonade Cheesecake Parfaits Recipe
- 2 whole graham crackers, crushed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon grenadine syrup
- Dash salt
- 1. Divide graham crackers among six dessert dishes. In a small saucepan, combine the cream, 1 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Sprinkle 1 envelope of gelatin over cream mixture; let stand for 1 minute or until softened. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in gelatin mixture. Stir in 1 teaspoon lemon peel and vanilla. Pour into glasses over graham crackers, about 1/2 cup in each. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine the water, grenadine, salt and remaining sugar and lemon juice. Sprinkle remaining gelatin over water mixture; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved. Pour 2 tablespoons mixture into each parfait glass. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- 4. Refrigerate remaining grenadine mixture until syrupy, about 30 minutes. With a hand mixer, beat until frothy. Divide among glasses. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Garnish with remaining lemon peel. Yield: 6 parfaits.
1 parfait equals 449 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.