Lemon Zucchini Drops Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, zucchini and lemon peel. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For glaze, combine sugar and enough lemon juice to achieve a thin spreading consistency. Spread or drizzle over cooled cookies. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 196 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Zucchini Drops
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.