- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk the yogurt, egg whites, lemon juice, peel and extract; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Yogurt Tea Cakes
Sort By :
Light, tender with just the right amount of lemon
Can these be made with Greek yogurt?
I love this recipe and have been making these muffins for years. One of my favorites!
These are delicious! The batter was quite thick, so I didn't know what to expect. But they turned out very light, spongy, and tasty! They have just the right amount of lemon flavor.
Simply lovely, light, and delicate.