Lemon Yogurt Muffins Recipe
I only had this recipe a short time before it became a personal favorite. Folks like the light and tender texture of these muffins. I'm grateful to my mother, who taught me the goodness of baking from scratch.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon or plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg, yogurt, butter and lemon juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; leave muffins in pan.
- 3. Using a toothpick, poke 6-8 holes in each muffin. In a saucepan, combine the topping ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over warm muffins. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 210 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC