Lemon Yogurt Muffins Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon or plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg, yogurt, butter and lemon juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; leave muffins in pan.
- 3. Using a toothpick, poke 6-8 holes in each muffin. In a saucepan, combine the topping ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over warm muffins. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 210 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Lemon Yogurt Muffins
"My batter looked too thick amd because of a review noting dryness I added a half cup of sour cream.. Also added a cup of fresh blueberries. They seemed to be browning too fast so I turned the oven down to 375. Remember to mix as little as possible just to moisten or muffins turn tough. My favorite lemon glaze includes 2 Tbsp of melted butter so this is an option, also I cool it in the refrig before putting on top of cooled muffins so the goodness stays on top of the muffin.Best muffin recipe I have come across otherwise."
"why no picture, just made them and can*t wait to taste* they are cooling now*****"
"Yummy! Great with whole wheat flour. 6 oz vanilla yogurt works great."
"I thought this recipe came out rather dry.I think the problem is the amount of flour that was used. I feel it was too much. The ingredient were nice but these muffins should have been very moist."
"Very moist and delicious!!! I substituted Lemon flavored Jello for a portion of the sugar for more of a lemon blast! Tasted great!"
"About the messy part, that is true, I put a cookie sheet under my muffin pan to catch the over flow and I found using a gravy ladle helpful when adding the sauce to the tops."
"I love how lemony it tastes, they are a little sticky to eat so make sure you have a napkin on hand. I'm excited to make them again soon."
"These are definitely a keeper. The only thing I didn't like was when the lemon sauce was spooned over the muffins, it was messy"