Lemon Yogurt Loaf Recipe
- 3/4 cup plus 4 teaspoons lemon yogurt, divided
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, quartered
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1. In a blender, combine 3/4 cup yogurt and apricots; cover and process until smooth. In a bowl, cream the butter and 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar. Beat in the eggs, lemon peel and yogurt mixture; mix well. Add flour just until combined. Spoon into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine the remaining yogurt and confectioners' sugar; drizzle over loaf. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 each: 164 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Lemon Yogurt Loaf
"Oops, forgot the stars...try this"
"This was a lovely treat. Very easy to follow directions and easy to put together. We did not find the lemon flavor as intense as we would like, next time I intend to add a few drops of lemon oil or some lemon extract to increase lemon intensity. It was gobbled up very quickly by everyone and enjoyed by all."