Lemon Yogurt Loaf
"This delicate tea bread is perfect for a light summer dessert or Sunday treats table, "promises Angela Biggin from her home in Lyons, Illinois. "The combination of tart lemon, tangy apricots and sweet icing is simply wonderful."
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3/4 cup plus 4 teaspoons lemon yogurt, divided
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, quartered
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- In a blender, combine 3/4 cup yogurt and apricots; cover and process
- until smooth. In a bowl, cream the butter and 3/4 cup confectioners'
- sugar. Beat in the eggs, lemon peel and yogurt mixture; mix well.
- Add flour just until combined. Spoon into a greased 8-in. x 4-in.
- loaf pan.
- Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine the remaining yogurt
- and confectioners' sugar; drizzle over loaf. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.