Lemon Yogurt Loaf Recipe
"This delicate tea bread is perfect for a light summer dessert or Sunday treats table, "promises Angela Biggin from her home in Lyons, Illinois. "The combination of tart lemon, tangy apricots and sweet icing is simply wonderful."
- 3/4 cup plus 4 teaspoons lemon yogurt, divided
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, quartered
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1. In a blender, combine 3/4 cup yogurt and apricots; cover and process until smooth. In a bowl, cream the butter and 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar. Beat in the eggs, lemon peel and yogurt mixture; mix well. Add flour just until combined. Spoon into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine the remaining yogurt and confectioners' sugar; drizzle over loaf. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Yogurt Loaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC