Lemon Yogurt Bread Recipe
Suzy Horvath of Milwaukie, Oregon shared this tender bread that will remind you of pound cake. Its mild lemon flavor and cake-like texture makes it perfect for brunch or a mid-afternoon snack.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder. In another bowl, combine the egg, yogurt, oil and lemon juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC