Lemon Yeast Puffs Recipe
The lemon flavor in these yeast muffins makes them unique. My husband is a minister, and we're invited to many potlucks. People love these muffins.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk, sugar, shortening, lemon peel, salt, lemon juice, eggs and 1-1/2 cups flour. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining flour (batter will be thick). Do not knead. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Stir dough down. Fill greased muffin cups half full. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the dough. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 141 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Yeast Puffs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC