- 3 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, herbs, vinegar, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes. Place in a large bowl; add onion. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve warm or chill until serving. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Lemon Vinaigrette Potato Salad
"This sounds like what I was looking for! A friend of mine makes a delicious potato salad with green beans, olive oil and such but WILL NOT GIVE ME THE RECIPE! Lol, it's become a bit of a joke. This sounds wonderful."
"By FAR the best potato salad I've ever had!"
"Made exactly as called for. Served warm, nothing to write home about; it tasted as if there was too much oil in the dressing. However, served cold, it was surprisingly good. Will probably make again and just serve it cold."
"Super easy to make and very light tasting. Used fresh basil but dried parsley. Definitely will do again."
"ok, nothing special."
"Excellent! Very fresh tasting."
"Used balsamic vinegar, no fresh basil or parsley, just the cheesy dried parsley flakes, and it still was excellent. I really liked the piquant flavor of the oil/vinegar/lemon juice mixture. It enhanced the potato flavor instead of masking or overwhelming it. Can't wait to taste it tomorrow after it seasons overnight in the fridge!"
"This was delicious. I mixed it up a bit by adding fresh green beans - cut in bite sized pieces - just as the potato water started boiling. Both were done in about 8 - 10 minutes. Also, used minced shallot instead of onion for a milder taste. The dish was colorful and delicious. Thanks for the recipe."
"I loved this potato salad due to the fact that I really don't care for mayonnaise. The lemon vinaigrette with the fresh herbs makes it yummy. I added green onion instead of chopped onion and I also added fresh rosemary out of my herb garden. Will definitely make it again. My husband loved it!"