I developed this recipe for a friend who needed a potato salad that could withstand Fourth of July weather. The vinaigrette was a safe and delicious alternative to traditional mayonnaise-based potato salads. I've also substituted fresh thyme for the basil. Any fresh herbs would be great! —Melanie Cloyd, Mullica Hill, New Jersey
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, herbs, vinegar, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes. Place in a large bowl; add onion. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve warm or chill until serving. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Lemon Vinaigrette Potato Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2012, p30
Reviews for Lemon Vinaigrette Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review