Lemon Vinaigrette Potato Salad
I developed this recipe for a friend who needed a potato salad that could withstand Fourth of July weather. The vinaigrette was a safe and delicious alternative to traditional mayonnaise-based potato salads. I've also substituted fresh thyme for the basil. Any fresh herbs would be great! —Melanie Cloyd, Mullica Hill, New Jersey
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until
- tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice,
- herbs, vinegar, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes. Place in a large bowl; add onion. Drizzle with
- vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve warm or chill until serving. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 165 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.