Lemon Vinaigrette on Greens
The vinaigrette also tastes good on spinach salad. It keeps well in the regrigerator in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Just shake and serve.Susan Garoutte, Georgetown, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn romaine
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first nine
- ingredients; shake well. Place romaine in a salad bowl. Drizzle with
- the dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 262 calories, 27 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.