Lemon Verbena Ice Cups
For a refreshing summer dessert, try these delicious ice cups. They are so easy to prepare and are so pretty garnished with lime peel and lemon verbena.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Freeze: 4 hours
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 cups water, divided
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh lemon verbena leaves
- Limes and lemons, halved and pulp removed
- Lime peel and additional lemon verbena leaves, optional
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Boil
- and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool. Add
- juices, lemon verbena and remaining water. Cover and refrigerate
- overnight. When ready to freeze, pour mixture into the cylinder of
- an ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Spoon into lime and lemon cups. Garnish with lime peel and lemon
- verbena if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 100 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.