The first time I whipped up this light and lemony mousse, everyone oohed and aahed. But no one believed me when I told them how simple it was to make. —Maria Barnet, Wilmington, Delaware
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon curd until smooth; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Beat gelatin into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped cream and lemon peel. Pour into eight dessert cups. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Velvet Dessert in Country Woman February/March 2009, p26
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Velvet Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review