Lemon Turkey with Couscous Stuffing Recipe
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (4 to 4-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Carefully loosen turkey skin, leaving it attached at the back. Combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon peel, salt and pepper; spread under turkey skin. Place turkey to one side in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. For stuffing, in a bowl, pour boiling water over couscous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to combine. Spoon stuffing into other side of pan, shaping into an 8x5x2-in. mound. Cover pan and bake at 325° for 45 minutes.
- 3. Uncover turkey; leave stuffing covered. Bake 40-50 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cover turkey with foil and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with stuffing. Yield: 8 servings.
4-1/2 ounce-weight: 303 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.