Lemon Turkey Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 pound turkey breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and lemon peel until smooth. Dissolve bouillon and honey in boiling water; stir into the cornstarch mixture. Set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry turkey in 1 tablespoon hot oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry the onions, celery and red pepper in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Return turkey to the pan.
- 3. Stir bouillon mixture and pour over turkey mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add water chestnuts and peas; heat through. Stir in lemon juice and pepper. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 264 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 444mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch.