- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 pound turkey breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and lemon peel until smooth. Dissolve bouillon and honey in boiling water; stir into the cornstarch mixture. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry turkey in 1 tablespoon hot oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry the onions, celery and red pepper in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Return turkey to the pan.
- Stir bouillon mixture and pour over turkey mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add water chestnuts and peas; heat through. Stir in lemon juice and pepper. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Lemon Turkey Stir-Fry
"It was really light and tasty...my husband and i had never made stir fry before and thought this was very easy! I might marinade the turkey a bit ahead of time to add some flavor but overall it was yummy!"