Lemon Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 whole wheat sandwich rolls, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 thin tomato slices
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties in oil in two batches over medium heat until a meat thermometer reaches 165° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
One sandwich equals 268 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.