My mom used to cook these juicy burgers in butter or a little bacon fat. I do all of my sauteing in olive oil or nonstick cooking spray, yet my turkey burgers taste just as delicious as Mom's.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 whole wheat sandwich rolls, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 thin tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties in oil in two batches over medium heat until a meat thermometer reaches 165° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Turkey Burgers in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p29
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Lemon Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review