- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 whole wheat sandwich rolls, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 thin tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties in oil in two batches over medium heat until a meat thermometer reaches 165° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Lemon Turkey Burgers
Sort By :
These are packed with flavor! I don't know how you can get 6 servings out of this recipe, though! 4 maybe!
I've made these burgers several times. I omit the egg; they stick together just fine without it. I make just 4 burgers from a pound of ground turkey.