"The rich lemony filling and fresh berries in this tempting trifle make it tasty and beautiful," says Pat Stevens from Granbury, Texas.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Fold in whipped topping. place half of the cake cubes in a trifle bowl or 2-qt. serving bowl. Top with half of the lemon mixture. Repeat layers. Top with raspberries. Garnish with coconut and mint if desired. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Trifle in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p8
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review