Lemon Tossed Salad
This is a wonderful, easy salad with a tasty dressing. The lemony flavor makes it taste fresh and delicious.—Anne Borgen, Mukwonago, Wisconsin
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 small tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the romaine, tomato and raisins. In another
- bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, celery seed, onion powder, basil
- and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with
- Parmesan cheese: serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 165 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.