Lemon Torte with Fresh Berries
I appreciate recipes like this that can be made ahead and that are guaranteed to be great. A cool slice is so refreshing on warm days.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 cups angel food cake cubes
- 3 cups fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in lemonade
- concentrate and milk. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Place the cake cubes in a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking
- spray. Beat gelatin mixture on medium speed for 5 minutes or until
- fluffy; pour over cake cubes. Cover and chill for 4 hours or until
- firm. In a small bowl, combine the berries and sugar; chill for 2
- Just before serving, carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to
- loosen; remove sides of pan. Spoon berry mixture over torte.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 124 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.