Lemon Torte with Fresh Berries Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 cups angel food cake cubes
- 3 cups fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in lemonade concentrate and milk. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- 2. Place the cake cubes in a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Beat gelatin mixture on medium speed for 5 minutes or until fluffy; pour over cake cubes. Cover and chill for 4 hours or until firm. In a small bowl, combine the berries and sugar; chill for 2 hours.
- 3. Just before serving, carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Spoon berry mixture over torte. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 124 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.