Lemon Torte with Fresh Berries Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 cups angel food cake cubes
- 3 cups fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in lemonade concentrate and milk. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- 2. Place the cake cubes in a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Beat gelatin mixture on medium speed for 5 minutes or until fluffy; pour over cake cubes. Cover and chill for 4 hours or until firm. In a small bowl, combine the berries and sugar; chill for 2 hours.
- 3. Just before serving, carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Spoon berry mixture over torte. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 124 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Lemon Torte with Fresh Berries
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.