I appreciate recipes like this that can be made ahead and that are guaranteed to be great. A cool slice is so refreshing on warm days.
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 cups angel food cake cubes
- 3 cups fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in lemonade concentrate and milk. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Place the cake cubes in a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Beat gelatin mixture on medium speed for 5 minutes or until fluffy; pour over cake cubes. Cover and chill for 4 hours or until firm. In a small bowl, combine the berries and sugar; chill for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Spoon berry mixture over torte. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Torte with Fresh Berries in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p208
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Torte with Fresh Berries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review