Lemon Thyme Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Set aside 4-1/2 teaspoons for sauce. Sprinkle the remaining flour mixture over both sides of chicken.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add thyme and reserved flour mixture; stir until blended. Gradually stir in the broth and lemon juice, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Thyme Chicken(29)
Sort By :
I used lemon thyme from my herb garden; maybe a teaspoon. Talk about packing a punch!! It was too sharp of a taste for my boyfriend with the lemon juice and lemon thyme and I used a strong chicken bouillon but I can't get enough of it.
This is sooooo good! Packed with flavor & easy to make. We'll be making this again!
I have made it a ton of times already!!! It is one of my favorites!!!
Good recipe. I added sauteed mushrooms to the dish. The tang of the lemon was prefect on rice.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >