Lemon Thyme Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Set aside 4-1/2 teaspoons for sauce. Sprinkle the remaining flour mixture over both sides of chicken.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same pan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add thyme and reserved flour mixture; stir until blended. Gradually stir in the broth and lemon juice, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 213 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Lemon Thyme Chicken
"Really good. However, I think my chicken breasts were too big--they took forever to cook and I had to add broth just to keep pan from being completely dry. Sauce ended up being so brown my husband thought it was beef broth! Haha but we will try it again. Still had great flavor."
"I used lemon thyme from my herb garden; maybe a teaspoon. Talk about packing a punch!! It was too sharp of a taste for my boyfriend with the lemon juice and lemon thyme and I used a strong chicken bouillon but I can't get enough of it."
"This is sooooo good! Packed with flavor & easy to make. We'll be making this again!~ Theresa"
"I have made it a ton of times already!!! It is one of my favorites!!!"
"Good recipe. I added sauteed mushrooms to the dish. The tang of the lemon was prefect on rice."
"Delicious with fresh thyme and lemon juice!"
"If you don't like the flavor of thyme, you will not like this. My husband and I did not care for this at all."
"it got my 11 year olds approval - nuff said :)"
"This is one of my family's favorite dishes! We love the lemon sauce and put it over rice! Add green beans or broccoli as a side and it's a wonderful well balanced meal!"
"Next time I will use less thyme. It was overpowering to me, but everyone else said it seemed fine. Just a ok dish, not fantastic"
"Very easy and tasty recipe"
"Very easy to make, and tastes delicious! The onion was a great additon to the lemon/chicken broth sauce."
"I've made this a few times. My husband and I enjoy it, but the kids just won't eat it because of all the onion and lemon. You can add too much lemon to the dish as well."
"Wonderful recipe, so simple. I flatten chicken to save some cooking time, great flavoer! I made the side dish of Rice with Summer Squash with it and it was a perfect combo!!"
"I'm making this again!"
"I have made this many times and my family loves it. It is delicious and also freezes well. I usually double the recipe and put one in the freezer."
"This is a great dish! So easy to make and so good!And Sharon I just used the olive oil in the skillet. No need for cooking spray."
"So So So So good! I can't wait to make this again! It was super easy to prepare and my son gobbled it up too!"
"Just made this recipe and it came out wonderful! My boyfriend gave it a 9 out of 10!"
"This is a wonderful recipe. I made it but instead of chicken I made it with fish - tilapia. Excellent - oh, and I also just sliced my onions - just because I didn't read the recipe carefully enough but that turned out great too."
"can't veiw this one...."
"Very easy to make"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.