Lemon-Thyme Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine buttermilk and sour cream. Combine the flour, thyme, lemon peel, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Cool completely; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Lemon-Thyme Bread
Sort By :
This recipe has become one of my favorites-and a favorite of my family and friends! The mini loaves make terrific gifts--if they last long enough to give!
Love this recipe! Use my own lemon-thyme that I grow and I make muffins. Can't keep them around...family eats them up!
My family loves this recipe, especially the guys. I make muffins and they can't stop eating them. I grow my own lemon thyme so the grandkids love picking it and chopping it.
I used dried thyme and it worked just fine for me. Will make again!
This is a definite keeper. The keys are fresh tyme and fresh lemon in a great combination. Everyone with whom we've shared this has raved about it.