Lemon-Thyme Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine buttermilk and sour cream. Combine the flour, thyme, lemon peel, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Cool completely; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice equals 212 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Thyme Bread
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.