Lemon Thins Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the lemon juice, lemon peel and extracts.
- 2. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into a 12-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap dough; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake 8-9 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool 1-2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 each: 49 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Lemon Thins
"These didn't turn out for me! I don't know what went wrong, but they didn't set up AT ALL! I followed the directions to a tee and even double checked to make sure I did it right."
"The BEST lemon cookies. I used a thin lemon glaze with powdered sugar, lemon zest and juice and a little bit of water instead of dusting with powdered sugar. Everyone raved about them. I think I will make them smaller next time tho"
"This cookie is perfect tor afternoon teas. Delightful taste. No one can eat just one!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.