Lemon Tea Muffins Recipe
Meet the Cook: When it comes to baking, muffins are No. 1 to me. I bake a batch every day. These are great with your favorite tea...or cool lemonade in the summer or a cup of hot cocoa in the winter! My family - my husband and I have three children...7, 3 and 2 - live in the country. We have horses and enjoy riding, along with fishing, boating plus lots of other outdoor activities. -Terrie Cox, Honeyville, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks until light and lemon colored, about 3 minutes. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Fold in yolks. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with lemon juice and peel, stirring just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 155 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC