Lemon Tea Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Shape into two 14-in. rolls; reshape each roll into a 14-in. x 1-1/8-in. x 1-1/8-in. block. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle half of the cookies with nuts, gently pressing into dough.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, lemon juice and orange peel until fluffy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar until smooth. Tint yellow if desired. Spread about 1 teaspoon on bottoms of the plain cookies; place nut topped cookies over filling. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Tea Cookies
Sort By :
I loved these bite size cookies! They were a little time consuming but were so worth the work. The yummy filling is the perfect compliment to the shortbread cookie . I did double the recipe and I'm so glad i did :)
I made these for my wedding and they were a hit. They have just the perfect lemon flavouring. WONDERFUL!!!
I am attempting to make these and they are really hard to form after mixing the ingredients. Is that right?
Definitely worth a little work! I love to make these for showers and special parties!