- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice and peel. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined mini-muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tops.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until the top springs back when touched lightly. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Tea Cakes in Country Woman May/June 1996, p15
Reviews for Lemon Tea Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2011
needs help make a glaze instead of cinnamon and sugar kids said they like them but teaches didn't I will try them with some changes like the glaze