Lemon Tea Cakes Recipe
For your next tea party, try these lovely tea cakes. The subtle lemon flavor is so delicious and your guests will not be able to eat just one.—Robin White, Fountain City, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice and peel. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined mini-muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tops.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until the top springs back when touched lightly. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC