Lemon Tea Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and lemon peel; beat well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf (8 slices).
1 slice equals 162 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Lemon Tea Bread
"This was pretty good. Not lemony enough for me, so I added some lemon juice the second time I tried it. That helped, but I would like a stronger lemon flavor."
"This is really not a bread at all. It is a rich pound cake that makes just enough for two! The cake is subtly flavored, but the glaze adds a real zing!"