Lemon Tea Bread
This moist, lemony bread from Dorothy Denny of Williams Lake, British Columbia is perfect for breakfast or dessert.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and lemon peel; beat
- well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed
- mixture alternately with milk.
- Transfer to a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking
- spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before
- removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle
- over warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf (8 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 162 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium,