This moist, lemony bread from Dorothy Denny of Williams Lake, British Columbia is perfect for breakfast or dessert.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and lemon peel; beat well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Transfer to a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf (8 slices).
Originally published as Lemon Tea Bread in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p46
Reviews for Lemon Tea Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review