- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and lemon peel; beat well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Transfer to a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf (8 slices).
Originally published as Lemon Tea Bread in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p46
Reviews for Lemon Tea Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2014
"This was pretty good. Not lemony enough for me, so I added some lemon juice the second time I tried it. That helped, but I would like a stronger lemon flavor."