Lemon Tea Biscuits Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- LEMON BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in milk and lemon juice just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- 2. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine lemon butter ingredients until blended. Serve with warm biscuits. Yield: 16 biscuits (1/2 cup butter).
1 each: 261 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Lemon Tea Biscuits
"I actually made these biscuits for strawberry shortcake and they worked great! I actually didn't taste as much lemon in the biscuits as I thought I would. I image if I made the butter the flavor would pop out more. Overall very satisfied...this receipt will definitely stay in my book."