Lemon Tea Biscuits Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- LEMON BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in milk and lemon juice just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- 2. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine lemon butter ingredients until blended. Serve with warm biscuits. Yield: 16 biscuits (1/2 cup butter).
1 each: 261 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Tea Biscuits
"I actually made these biscuits for strawberry shortcake and they worked great! I actually didn't taste as much lemon in the biscuits as I thought I would. I image if I made the butter the flavor would pop out more. Overall very satisfied...this receipt will definitely stay in my book."